Developer’s Corner: MapStore 1.2.0 released!
we are proud to announce that we just released MapStore version 1.2.0.
This is the latest official release of MapStore, the simple and intuitive way to create, save and share maps.
MapStore is based on the GeoExplorer Open Source framework and is licensed under the GPL license.
This new version is available in 4 different flavours:
- generic binary
- geonetwork integrated binary
- windows installer
- geonetwork integrated windows installer
Here is a list of the most important improvements included in this release:
- added GeoNetwork integration
- added installer for Windows systems
- added customPanels configuration option
- made easier to install and customize printing module
- added basic auth and cookies support to RingoJS debug proxy
- refactored and enhanced xmlJsonTranslate (now servicebox)
- added “no click” info tool on the map
- enhanced marker editor with image selection tool
- many additional bugfixes
If you need further info look at the complete list of included issues.
It is worth to point out that in this release we also releasing a template suitable for integrating MapStore with GeoNetwork to create GeoPortal similar to the Florence OpenGeoData portal.
All necessary information to enable this in MapStore, or to get the customized GeoNetwork version, are in the WIKI pages here.
With MapStore you can mashup contents from Google Maps, OpenStreetMap, MapQuest, Bing or specific WMS services provided by you or third party content providers.
MapStore uses internally GeoStore, (the GeoSolutions Open Source engine for resource storing and retrieving) for managing users as well as maps definitions. Moreover MapStore uses Http-proxy to communicate with remote servers, such as the third party WMS services used in your maps.