Developer’s Corner: MapStore 1.4.0 released!
This is the latest official release of MapStore, the simple and intuitive way to create, save and share maps.
MapStore is based on the GeoExplorer Open Source framework and is licensed under the GPL license.
You can get MapStore as:
- generic binary
- geonetwork integrated binary
- windows installer
- geonetwork integrated windows installer
Here is a list of the most important improvements included in this release:
- #243 Graticule tab in print preview
- #246 Add support to authentication in WMSGetFeatureInfo
- #245 Add support to authentication in WPSClient
- #226 Externalize the AdvancedScaleOverlay configuration mode
- #255 Review of OpenLayers CSS
- #223 MapStore Training documentation
- #221 Print Shanpshot Widget
- #218 Print Widget Upgrade
- #222 Configuration updates
- #219 ScaleBar and MousePosition Improvements
With MapStore you can mashup contents from Google Maps, OpenStreetMap, MapQuest, Bing or specific WMS services provided by you or third party content providers.
MapStore uses internally GeoStore, (the GeoSolutions Open Source engine for resource storing and retrieving) for managing users as well as maps definitions. Moreover MapStore uses Http-proxy to communicate with remote servers, such as the third party WMS services used in your maps.